- 4 large eggs
- 1 600ml carton of Paul’s Pure whipping cream
- 75 grams of Republica sugar free chocolate powder (available from Coles in the drinking chocolate aisle)
- You will need two mixing bowls, a large and a medium and an electric mixer
Large Bowl, add
- Egg yolks
- 600ml pure whipping cream
- Approximately 50 grams of the chocolate powder
- With the electric mixer whip until cream has thickened being careful not to over whip the cream
Medium Bowl, add
- Egg whites
- With the electric mixer whip until whites are stiff then slowly add the remainder 25 grams of the chocolate mix.
- Pour the stiffened egg whites mix into the large bowl containing the whipped cream, mix and gently fold together.
- I find it easier to then transfer the mixture into a large pouring jug and then pour the ice cream evenly into 8 containers; and then simply put them into the freezer until frozen. I find disposal coffee cups work well. As this ice cream sets a little firmer than normal commercial ice cream it makes it difficult to spoon it out of a large container. Ideally you would take the ice cream out of the freezer 10 minutes before you want to eat it, but I can never wait that long, besides it lasts longer if its harder.
Each server contains 30 grams of Fat
2.5 grams of Carbohydrates 3 grams of Protein
Recipe courtesy of Monica Webb, Health Life Pathways